Miller Bay Estates BLOG

This BLOG is a place for Miller Bay Estates residents to express opinions and ideas relating to our community!

THE WAY IT WORKS
1) Email your comments to the MBE Email address (not shown due to spammers)

2) Enter the word 'BLOG' on the subject line

3) Be thoughtful creating your comment
NOTE: Some comments may not be acceptable for posting in our family setting. We will advise the submitter.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cars parked partly out on the main roads! Not fair . . .

I don't understand what drivers are thinking when they park their cars partially out on a heavily traveled public road, then walk off leaving it there forcing vehicles into the oncoming lanes of traffic. This is happening more here, day and night.

I think it is a purposeful act of disrespect toward the other residents of our community. I suggest that the way to modify this behavior is for us all to record vehicle license numbers and nearest home addresses, then dial 911 and report it to the sheriff!

6 comments:

  1. What "main road" are you referring to? Have you tried leaving a friendly note before dialing 911?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My understanding is that the police have said that cars are allowed to park on the sides of the roads as long as they're not blocking someone's driveway or otherwise illegally parked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe parked in partially in the road IS illegally parked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe parked in partially in the road IS illegally parked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The police have told me directly when I asked, that where there are no curbs - as in our neighborhood, a car parked partially in the road is not illegally parked. It's annoying to me, too, but there are no other parking options on most of our streets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit to not following this exactly but I believe our covenants say overflow parking is supposed to be at the Clubhouse, not in the road. It may not be illegal but it is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete